"Start the Steps for Success - Experience Education & Career Counseling"
and prosperous life.
I am interested in helping young people identify their sparks of interest, and provide them the opportunity to develop those interests. This process promotes the involvement of academic educational methods and helps students achieve school success.
Due to the emphasis of instruction and assessment in schools, Guidance Counselors are finding a limited amount of time for educational guidance and career counseling within the school day. The guidance processes in the local larger comprehensive schools are pushed to balance quantities of students and focus on the graduation requirements. Guidance Counselors are limited in time to give individual attention to all students. A caseload per counselor in the Merced Union High School District is approximately 500-700.
One Merced City Middle School Counselor is expected to counsel the complete student population of the entire school. An average school is 700-1,000 students.
-- Sally Ingraham
Benefits of Professional
Education & Career Counseling
- Your child will have a working "Individual Service Plan"
- Personal, Educational and Career goals will be identified
- You will get Individual attention for your child
- A sense of accomplishment for your child and you
- PRE-PLANNING will save parentís time and money
- Goal setting will prevent feelings of frustration from your child
- Explanation of Parental Rights in the Education System
- Interest will increase your childís Self Esteem
- Indentifying interests will assist in declaring majors for College
- Partner with school personnel for coordinating a positive educational experience for your child